The Telegram stated:
According to the National Hydrometeorological Forcasting (NHMF), at 7Am on Dec, 19, the center of tropical depression was about latitude 9.0 North; longitude 120.8 East on the water of the southwestern Philippines. The maximum wind speed near the center of tropical depression was caterogy 6 to 7, gust of category 9. It is forecasted that in the next 24 hours, tropical depression head West – Northwest with speed of 20km per hour, head to Bien Dong Sea and have ability strong into storm. Level of disaster risk: level 3.
In order to proactively respond to development of the tropical depression capable strengthen into storm in the next 24 hours, especially to ships/ boats are operating at dangerous areas, the Steering Committee for Natural Disaster Prevention and Control – National Committee for Incident, Disaster Response and Search and Rescue requested Committee for Incident, Disaster Response and Search and Rescue of provinces, cities, ministries to implement following content:
- Closely monitor the evolution of tropical depression, inform owners of means, catptions of ships and boats operation at sea about the position, direction and changes of tropical depression to actively prevent, escape or do not move into the danger zone. Danger zone in the Bien Dong Sea in the next 24 hours: from latitude 8.0 North to longtidue 12.0 East; from longitude 115.0 to longitude 120.0 East and updated, adjusted according to news of NHMF.
- Organzing search, detailed guiding ships and boats to exit the dangerous area, keep in touch regularly to owners of means. Be ready for forces, rescue forces to promptly response to possible bad situations.
- Strictly manage the sailing of ships, guide anchoring at berths, islands and estuarine areas to ensure safety. Direct the work of ensuring safety for people and property, on the islands, oil and gas platforms and economic activities at sea.
- The ministry of Foreign Affairs shall actively contact to other countries and territories to assist means, ships and fishermen in preventing and avoiding storms to ensure safety.
- Ministries and branches, according to their respective functions and tasks, shall proactively direct appropriate response measures when needed.
- Viet Nam Television, Voice of Viet Nam, Coastal Information Station and mass media have increased the time to broadcast news about tropical depression in oreder to inform authorities and owners of means operating at sea and fishermen to proactively prevent and respond.
- Organizing to be on duty 24/24, regularly report to the CCNDPC – National Committee for Incident, Disaster Response and Search and Rescue.