The Telegram state:
According to National Hydrometeorological Forecasting, from December 30 in the Northern and Northern Central provinces, weather turns cold, damaging cold (damaging cold is concentrated in Cao Bang, Tuyen Quang, Lao Cai) with the lowest temperature from 8 to 11 degrees, at mountainous areas with 4 – 7 degrees, high mountainous areas with places below 0 degrees and high posibility of frost and ice; with moderate rain, some places with thunders. The Northern and at the Middle of Bien Dong Sea (including the waters of the Hoang Sa Archipelago) has strong northeast wind by category 7, some places by category 8, gust of category 10, frustuate sea. In order to proactively respond to cold, damaging cold and strong winds at sea, the Central Steering Committee for Natural Disaster Prevention and Control (CCNDPC) – National Committee for Incident and Disaster Response and Search and Rescue proposed the CNDPC of provinces, cities; Ministries and branches:
Continue to Implement the Telegram No. 38/CD-TW on December 05, 2020 of CCNDPC - National Committee for Incident and Disaster Response and Search and Rescue, in which focus on:
- Regularly updating the weather situation, developments of cold, damaging cold; increase the time to broadcast news on the mass media, especially the grassroots information and media system so that the authorities at all levels, people, especially in highland areas to actively response.
- Focusing on directing the implemention of measures to ensure safety for peoply, especialy elderly, children, students; implement measures to reduce the production damages; focus on large cattle and breeding establishments are concentrated in extremely difficult, remote and isolated areas. Propaganda, warning people not to heat with coal stoves in closed houses.
- Establishing working groups to inspect and urge the work of cold prevention for humans, animals and plants.
- Proactively allocating local budgets, natural disaster response funds and local resources to promptly prevention and control; implementing natural disaster task forces at the grassroots level, providing materials and funding to support people.
- Based on local weather conditions, proactively allow students to leave school.
- Coastal provinces and cities closely monitoring developments of strong winds and large waves at sea; informing boats and ships owners to actively response and ensure safety.
- Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development shall direct and guide localities in the implementationn of the prevtion of cold spells, epidemics for livestock, aquatic animals and plants; developing and adjusting production plans, crop structure to meets the weather conditions and developments.
- Viet Nam Televion, Voice of Viet Nam, Viet Nam News Agency and Central and local news and press agencies regularly update information, developments of cold spell, damaging cold and strong winds, large waves at sea on the mass media to people actively prevent.
- Other ministries and branches actively direct the prevention and control works on cold spells, damagind cold, ensure livelihood of people and production safety according to state management functions and assiged tasks.
- Organizing to be on duty and regularly reporting to CCNDPC and National Committee for Incident and Disaster Response and Search and Rescue.
The Standing Office of the Central Steering Committee For Natural Disaster Prevention and Control